Music Box

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dirty Harry - Tape #7 - Off the Hook High Noon '96



Dirty Harry is easily my favorite mixtape DJ. I can tell you the exact spot I was at when I first popped Fistfull of Dollas into my walkmen on my walk home from high school in the fall of '96 and was completely blown away. Yeah, that tape has many memories.

But onto this tape right here. I get confused with name of this tape but what I have on the tape is off the hook pt.1. So I hope that's what this is but regardless, it's classic Dirty Harry. Crazy blends, the hiphop inst. with the r&b accapella(something for the fellas and the ladies), the rap figures kicking it off on side b which was something I always looked forward to, the vocals to the inst. coming in and out every so many bars, a mixtape with mad crazy flavor. There is so much going on in the tape but it's not over bearing and it all works perfectly. I can keep on going but then I will seem like more of a Stan. With every listen you can always pick up something new from a Dirty Harry tape. This one here is no exception.

Enjoy this one here for the weekend!

Dirty Harry Side A


Dirty Harry Side B

2 comments:

  1. this used to be my ish back in the day . thanx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing bro!If u interested in similar samples to these tracks,i left link here - www.lucidsamples.com . Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete