Music Box

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Love Bug Starski - Old School Rap '97

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovebug_Starski

This tape was my 1st introduction to Lovebug Starski. I knew he was one of the old school dj's and if I wanted to be a dj, Lovebug is someone I should be familiar with. So at 16, I got my first taste on how the dj's from the beginning of this art form Rocked. Lovebug not only spoke with his hands but he was very present on the mic, that's what impressed me the most with him.

This is also one of the 1st mixtapes that I owned that was in cd form. I got this sometime in spring of '97. I also had a DJ Hollywood tape from around the sametime but it is no longer in my collection for whatever reason.

So enjoy one of the early pioneers of hip hop, Lovebug Starski Old School Rap '97

1. Lovebug Starski - Do the Right Thing
2. The Treachous Three - Feel the Heartbeat
3. Kurtis Blow - Day Dreamin
4. Doug E. Fresh & Slick Rick - The Show
5. LL Cool J - Rock The Bells
6. RUN DMC - Sucker Mc's
7. Sugarhill Gang - Showdown
8. The Fearless Four - Rockin It
9. Jimmy Spicer - Super Rhymes Rap
10. Schooly D - PSK
11. Whodini - 5 Minutes of Funk
12. The Waters - Party
13. Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock - It takes Two
14. I Know You Got Soul - Eric B. & Rakim
15. BDP - Criminal Minded
16. Biz Markie - Vapors
17. Audio Two - Top Billin
18. Heavy D & The Boyz - Mr. Big Stuff
19. B. Fats - Woppit
20. Doug E. Fresh - The Original Beat Box
21. Slcik Rick - Childrens Story
22. Dana Dane - Nightmares

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VSXUZEW9

No comments:

Post a Comment